Thursday, December 4, 2014

Almosts




I have never feared big words only those who refused to use them
And those words rolled off your tongue like honey
I was hooked
Language became our way of communication
And I know that everyone uses language to communicate
But ours was different
As if in between the letters and the words there was a secret message which only we could decipherer
My days were filled with the sound of your voice
And your nights were littered with the loops of my hand writing
We exchanged our favorite words, mine being illuminating and your being eternity
And our least favorite, mine moist and yours almost and when I asked you why you said because 
Almost had failed potential
That it represented our ability to just not be good enough
That we had come to the brink of something beautiful, but felt short so many times, we crafted a word for it
But even we with our supposedly mastery of the English language were not immuned to the short coming of our vocabularies
Words can only help you if you speak them
I never told you that I loved you
You never told me that you were dying
Five easy words that would have shattered our world
I love you I think, I have a brain tumor
You know still to this day I do not know the details
Because medical jargin has never fit right in my mouth
And even now five years later it feels like an invasion of your privacy
But I do know I have poured over our conversations searching for the secret message that you certainly tried to send me
And I am sorry! But I only almost found it.
Salt water is not good for paper and my tears worked your words
After come serious consideration I decided to change my least favorite word, because while moist is gross, malignant is malicious!
Malignant is uncontrollable means a phone call and the phrase he didn’t wake up
Malignant is messy and unfair and a thief
Malignant means I never got to say good bye
Malignant is the cause of almost,
Because you were on the brink of something beautiful,
But you couldn’t quite reach it and you fell too far.
I am so sorry I wasn’t there to catch you
I hope your heaven is a library
And I hope it is void of almosts

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia