Thursday, June 20, 2013

Living Like A Legend

It takes about three minutes to read this post , well according to the statistics, in that same space of time, 300 people die, and another 620 will be born . I might take half an hour or so to write this : i'm sitting at my computer, concentrating on what I'm doing with all books all around me, ideas in my head, cars driving past outside. Everything seems perfectly normal, and yet, during those thirty minutes 3,000 people have died, and 6,200 have just seen the light of the world for the first time.

Where are those thousands of families who have just begun to mourn the loss of someone, or to smile at the arrival of a son, daughter, nephew, niece, brother, or sister ?

I stop and reflect a little. perhaps many of those people were reaching the end of a long and painful illness, and some people are relieved when the Angel comes for them. Then again, hundreds of those children who have just been born will be abandoned the nest moment and will go on from part of death statics before I have even finished writing this post.

How strange. A simple statistic, which I happened to read, and suddenly I'm aware of all those deaths and entrances, those smiles and tears. How many of them are leaving this life alone in their rooms, with no one realizing what's happening ? How many  will be born in secret and then abandoned outside a children's home or a convent ?

I think to myself that I was once part of the birth statistics and will, one day , be included amongst the numbers of dead. It is good to be aware that I will die. I have now finally understood that although life goes on and we are all eternal , this existence will one day end .

People do not think very much about death. They spend their lives worrying about absurdities; they put things off, and fail to notice important moments. They don't take risks , because they think it's dangerous. They complain a lot, but are afraid to take action. They want everything to change, but they themselves refuse to change .

If they thought a little more about death, they would never forget to make that much-postponed phone call. They would be a little crazier. They would not be afraid of this incarnation coming to an end, because you cannot fear something that is going to happen anyway.

And a wise man once said," Death is always sitting by your side so that, when you need to do something important, it will give you strength and courage that you need"

I hope that you, dear reader, have got this far. It would be foolish to be frightened by death, because all of us, sooner or later are going to die. And only those who accept this fact are prepared for life. :)

P.S. Did I ever mention that this topic - Death is my favorite ... because it comes in so many forms .. and yet never fails to take to by surprise ... so take time from your busy schedule and LIVE !!!!LIVE LIKE A LEGEND !!!!! : D

4 comments :

  1. Reason, observation, and experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think too much, Just live like a legend.
    Remember, Time never comes back, so Just live like a legend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice :) I will surely try and follow it ...

      Delete

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia