Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The perks of being a wallflower- a book review

I am an avid reader, I believe, but now I am going to pause for a while.. Once in a while, I come across books that teleport me to another planet and I want to stay there and do not come back.. This is one of those books, the kind of book that makes me think of things that I often lock inside… I am thankful to the one for suggesting me the book because if I hadn’t read the book, I would never have known that it’s alright to feel like an outcast…

 The book has helped me see myself better.. It isn’t a self help book but I felt like Charlie, the protagonist was writing to me.. Being the jerk I am, I have written letters too.. I just LOVE it that way.. Writing letters about the book or the author makes me feel complete in ways nothing else can…If u hear back from the author, I feel like I could die in peace.. I might have gone a little astray.. I tend to when I read a good book.. 

 The perks of being a wallflower isnt just another book.. It is transformational.. It shows you glimpses of your own shades of life..

While I absolutely love reading letters and I was hooked after just reading 10 pages, I thought would the book be good if it’s all letters.. There is absolutely no gap.. The book is but a series of letters…

 However, I think it’s been quite a while since I read something so good.. It takes you through a lot of different journey.. Charlie isn’t a super hero.. In fact he is more human than any of us.. He has too many flaws.. He is imperfect and you still can’t help loving him helplessly and desperately because despite going through the toughest of times, it takes little things for him to feel infinite..

I have taken a lot of lessons from this book.. I am socially awkward and despite being a chatter box, I don't speak at all in gatherings and parties.. For those who have felt what a wallflower feels, you’re going to be totally drenched and drowned in this book that projects the roller coaster of ride…

Not to add a spoiler, but its the twist in the end that makes you wonder at the true angel Charlie truly is.. The book will make you crave to have friends like Charlie has and be the friend Charlie is.. It isn’t easy but the book feels so real.. The accounts so realistic, you are made to believe the author knows you.. He’s talking about you albeit with slight changes and using pen names..

I can’t pinpoint a single flaw with the book.. I feel one with the book.. I have the habit of writing letters too except I have no one to send them.. I read them myself when I feel the need to either belong or even alienate… The book gives me hope that may be one day I too can participate rather than observe… An extremely powerful reality laced book that doesn’t paints life in the roisest of shades and still you find yourself loving the picture that gets painted in the end because perfection is seriously overrated..

 f you miss reading this one, you’ve missed feeling what being infinite even with flaws ever feels… Absolutely recommended.. One of those books which I want to give 6 stars on 5 because it is so good that I want another letter.. And another one after that and more.. Regardless of what the letter spoke, the signing off made my heart melt in a puddle of love..
 
Love always
Charlie

One day, I wish I too could write letters so raw and so true..
Till then,
I will stalk the authors I love.. Don’t worry I am not extremely creepy…
Yours,
Dia

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia