Friday, January 2, 2015

Goldfish.


"I know I have so much potential.
 I know that I'm made of stars and I'm a creation boundless, infinite in possibilities and flowing with privileges far above any other creature.
 But when I think about it all, I'm afraid.
I'm afraid that I'm gifted with so much and yet I cannot be everything in this this lifetime.
I'm afraid that with so much possibility I'd drown in the sea of expectations the world filled up for me to swim freely.
That I'd be this gold fish, suffocating underwater because the aquarium is much too large; that as I reach the other end, I have also reached my end.
I'm afraid that once my coffin is covered in dirt, someone in the crowd would whisper: "Who is she?"
But then, like a gold fish, I swim.
Fruitlessly, endlessly, irrationally.
Because that is the only thing I know now.
Blindly do I go on, thinking all the while: Will the goldfish ever do justice the constellations of stars she's made of?"

1 comment :

  1. Your poems are so good and all motives are so close to our lifestyle. Wishing you a good night! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia