Sunday, January 4, 2015

Dear Society: Dont blame me, blame the generation you raised.


You see, my daddy raised me to be a fighter. He taught me that sometimes to get through this world you have to raise your fists to get what you want. He told me it was a man’s world, and he didn’t want his little girl to get pushed down, and kicked on. He told me to always fight for what I thought was right.
 
I never thought much of it until I was older, until I opened my eyes. It wasn’t until I realized we were in a man’s world, a world where men had the upper hand. 

 
A world where I couldn’t wear tank tops on a hot day to college, because it was deemed “too inappropriate for male students and teachers.” Instead of teaching men to not see sexualized images in young girls.

 
A world where when I took cooking class, all the girls were expected to be better than the boys. Because it was where we belonged, where we would spend most our time, in the kitchen. When I burned the cake I was looked down upon, but when a guy did it, it was a joke, a funny accident. 

 
A world where if you say no to the wrong boy, the next day the whole world will either look at you as a slut, even if you haven’t been touched before. Or they will look at you as a jerk, a cold hearted one, just because you weren’t interested in him. Yet it’s totally okay when a guy says no to you.

 
A world where when a women takes charge in an office, company, she is now considered “head bitch.” Yet when a man takes charge, he is a boss, someone to respect. 

 
A world where little girls are taught at an early age to never walk alone on the streets, always have someone with you. Instead of teaching little boys to never harm a soul. That when a girl is walking alone it doesn’t mean she’s vulnerable, or is asking for it, she is just going home.
We live in a world where women are expected to be submissive to men, because if we aren’t we are taking away “a part of their manhood.


So dear Society: Dont blame me, blame the generation you raised.

2 comments :

  1. Dear Dia, your this post is just so great. You are gifted girl and I am so so so so sorry to read this rows. I was raising in another culture, society and to me all these Asian rules are so hard to understand, sometimes I just want to cry out loud and say that all Asian men are just to stupid and they don't know anything about life...

    Keep writing, fighting for your freedom and never stop loving yourself!!!
    Much love,
    Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your love and support :) It means a lot :)
      Much love :*

      Delete

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia