Friday, April 11, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars



 Summary :

The Fault In Our Stars is a fabulous book by John Green. It is about a young teenage girl who has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is forced by her parents to attend a cancer support group.

 Hazel is a 16 year old teenager and is reluctant to go to the support group, but she soon realizes that it is a good idea. Hazel meets a young boy named Augustus Waters. He is charming and witty. Augustus has had osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer, but has recently been all clear.


Hazel and Augustus embark on a roller coaster ride of emotions, including love, sadness and romance, while searching for the author of their favourite book. They travel to Amsterdam in search of Peter Van Houten the author of 'An Imperial Affliction'. While on their trip Augustus breaks some heartbreaking news to Hazel and both of their worlds fall apart around them. What happens next is a touching tale of two young lovers, fighting a life threatening disease against all odds. And how their story is going to be rewritten forever.

 ~~~

If any of you happen to know me personally, you'd know that I am totally head over heels and extremely possessive about this book. And I have been in fact been talking about this book to every creature that has ears! Literally! 'Why?', you make ask.

Well, as much of an amazing writer as I want to be.... I'm really not. So I am just going to point out the things that made this book so amazing!


A friend of mine had already read the book, and she suggested that I should too. So, I asked her how the book was and the only thing she said was that she cried her eyes out. I knew that I would also cry so I really didn't bother swearing not to cry. What I didn't expect is bawling my eyes out. I really didn't. John Green has done an amazing job of making these characters feel so real to me. When they cried, I cried. When they laughed, I laughed. When they melted, I melted. When they fell in love, I fell in love. Their romance was just so epic and I KNOW, that this is a book that I will read over and over again and still manage to cry every single time.


This book has not only made me realize that people with diseases are not at all different from 'normal' people, but it also made me realize that I am so lucky! Lucky to have this life, have a 'normal' healthy life. It made me realize that I had so much more that other people, and yet I grumbled about stupid things and problems in my life. It made me realize that other people have it worse, but they still never give up! They are grateful and I should be too. It made me realize that love doesn't cease if the person you love dies. You will still and always be in love with that person. It made me realize that happiness can be found in the most simplest things. It made me realize that life isn't always about happy endings, but its life and you must keep on living. If not for yourself, then for the sake of others.


This is not a story about dying but rather a story about truly living. Through the lives of the two main characters Green shows us that we are all in fact terminal, but that we largely decide how to spend our brief moments of life. Most lives are not triumphs or tragedies purely, but they are filled with moments of both.

This book taught me so many things! Things that I was already aware of but had never managed to realize it fully.  I had never realized it's meaning, until now. It's the kind of book that changes you, maybe forever.

While I read TFIOS:

How i feel after I read TFIOS :

That's how good this book is. I promise you, unless you have a heart of stone, you will love this book.

I wish I could write more about this book, but I just can't explain the amazingness of it with my simple, unworthy words, so I am going to tell you what you NEED to do....
READ IT

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia