Monday, January 13, 2014

Until next time ..

Many many days had passed and of course he had not called me. I was not going to let him believe he could have it his way. After all it was he who had walked out on me and I wasn't going to let him getaway with this behavior this time.

 Last month also I had a minor altercation with him over some random spoiled milk. And then of course he felt I was not giving him space. Well I could say the same to him. But then I was never the one to complain. I had always received great satisfaction in knowing I was the one with a better sense of judgement.


 Except of course when I chose him. I should have gone for the other brother. I had known all along. Well now its almost three long years too late. Who would have known he wasn't the shy self he pretended to be back then.

  "Has he come back?" I heard my father speak on the other side of phone.


"Who?" I asked slowly.

"Don't play games with me. I know you have worked up yourself over him leaving the house. Tell me has he come back?" he spoke keeping the tone persistent.

I didn't reply instantly. I remained quiet to express my discomfort at his questions.

 "Who doesn't have issues? Do you think it doesn't happen in our lives? It does obviously. But the maturity lies in keeping all these things behind us," he continued.

 I kept down the phone without speaking a single word. I knew I was being affected, I was feeling abjectly alone in that little apartment. I had decided to take a two room set, it was my personal call. I felt it would be enough for the two of us together. But then yesterday when he threw all the utensils and crashed the precious Bone China, I knew that I should have heard his annoyance when we moved into the small abode.

 But I loved him. You have to understand that I always thought he would get it. I am a small time interior designer and spending lavishly is something I want to do but cannot.

I looked at the empty space in the bedroom where he often sat to soak in the sunshine. The corner in kitchen he would always smile from. And the little bean bag in the hall he slumped while watching TV.

Who was I kidding I needed him back. I missed him way too much. I need to place the call. I need to figure out a way to bring him back.

The telephone rang midway. And my thoughts got sharply broken. 

"What! I will be there in another fifteen minutes," I screamed into the phone.


~                                         ~                                       ~ 
"Where is he?" A harrowed me asked the woman behind the desk.

Her confused expression did little to alleviate my apprehensions.

Comprehension flooded across her face and she instantly pointed towards a room on the side.

I ran all the way to the door. But I stopped a couple of inches before opening it. How can I let go of the fact that he did desert me? I should not look so anxious to meet him, some composure would go a long way to satiate my ego. 

 After ensuring that my demeanor is a little within boundaries I finally opened the door.

Seeing him I skipped a beat, I almost wanted to run and hug him tight in my arms but I knew better than to react like that. He had walked out on me, fact still stands.

But before I could even summarize the situation he ran towards me and in an instant began to scratch me all over. The overflow of affection broke my restraint and I too reciprocated by hugging him tight. 

"Lucky, this was the name on the leash. I hope this is your dog?" the doctor's voice broke a few moments off from the madness of reunion.

I nodded vigorously.

"Are you sure? Have you double checked this is your dog?" he asked again.

Have I double checked? It didn’t take me more than a nanosecond to know. I had perhaps not even seen him properly. I knew he was my little Lucky all of three years, definitely more troublesome than his elder brother, but well I love him! With all my heart I missed him.

"Yes doctor thank you so much for informing," I gushed.

"Well you must thank your father who called to inform about your dog being missing. We found Lucky on the bus stop and well we knew he was domestic by his polished grooming," he remarked.

Polished grooming! Ha! He has not seen the broken plates and the cracked glass vase back in my house.

I picked up Lucky and went whistling away back home. Until next time the two room set can now have its second occupant back :) 

4 comments :

  1. Haha. Very sweet.
    Yaar. . Climax tk confused tha . . :D 'LUCKily' story ka 'happy end' hua. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D thank you :* I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. hahahah :D you naughty naughty girl !! I saw what you did there !! :D Great post ! keep it up ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ...
    Climax being made till end \m/

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader,

Wow! Glad you are here. Would love to read your comment(s). Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. The content of this blog is copyright protected ©

Have a great day!! :)
~ Dia